We’re looking for a Python developer to work on Testmon, a product which accelerates test suite execution by selecting only tests affected by recent code changes.
The product has been around for years in the form of a hobby pytest plugin. Now, interest is picking up in companies with larger teams so we’re developing features for these users. (execution data sharing across the CI and the whole team, compatibility with other plugins and tools used on large projects)
Further ideas which we intend to work on:
- alternative ways of estimating dependencies within the code (also for programming languages other than Python)
- innovative test runner GUI / visualizations
- categorizing, special processing, smart re-execution, statistics for flaky tests
We are interested in talking to motivated people regardless of seniority.
Great on the project
- Abundance of intellectual and technical challenges – caching is one of the hardest CS problems
- Opportunity to think about fundamentals of programming language and the process of creating software within teams
- Work on a global product which can forever improve work of fellow developers, almost from inception.
- Sharp mind
- Python (advanced – expert)
- English (upper intermediate or better)
- Interest or expertise, in other language(s)
- Outspokenness, connection to teams which need the product
- Frontend experience
- Sense for UX