Information about the position
Are you a junior or a mid-level Python developer who wishes to gain experience on a complex software project? We offer the opportunity to learn and grow in a team of 20 excellent software developers. This project will look great on your CV and open many doors in your further career.
We are open to both full remote or working from an office in Bratislava.
PROJECT: SCANDINAVIAN MOBILE OPERATOR
We develop key internal and customer facing web applications and APIs. The technologies were chosen by the programmers themselves, taking into account the joy of work and productivity. The result is a stack built on Python, Django, Vue.js and Typescript. Other important technologies you will encounter are Docker, GraphQL, SQL, noSQL databases and many more. The project offers an interesting combination of stability and scale while using productive, enjoyable technologies and practices.
THESE ARE THE REASONS WE BELIEVE ARE GREAT FOR YOU AS A DEVELOPER:
- Software with a large user base solving real needs
- Opportunity to grow via challenging tasks, cooperation with excellent colleagues, taking responsibility for a component or a team
- Relaxed, friendly atmosphere
- Significant effort to keep the code base maintainable
- Longevity, stability, large user base
- Process flexibility and programming fun. We are not drowned in processes and meetings. You’ll quickly see the results of your efforts in the form of new features
- Strong programming skills
- Experience or willingness to learn the project tech stack (Python or Python + React/Vue.js)
- English at least upper intermediate / level B2+
- Experience writing automated unit tests, using unit testing frameworks
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals (data representation, data structures, algorithms)
DAILY CHALLENGES at the beginning could be for example:
- Skillful and straightforward implementation of new features
- Implementation of micro-services
- Team communication (managers, analysts, testers, programmers)
- Smart use and maintenance of automated tests
- Improvement of methodology, development process and tools
- Data model and transaction optimization
Employee perks, benefits
- Develop your skills
- A relaxed, young, professional and diverse work community.
- Freedom, flexibility, autonomy and responsibility.
- An office in Bratislava where, after corona, you’ll have the chance to interact with your colleague on the project